The installation of hardwood floors was once an arduous process. Each board individually cut, handcrafted, and sanded. However, advancements in modern manufacturing have brought around a more efficient option: prefinished hardwood. Its popularity has grown tremendously due to the convenience it provides over traditional hardwood. Read on to learn more about prefinished hardwood from the flooring experts at Floor Coverings International Waukesha.
Prefinished floors are sanded and finished in a factory setting. They arrive ready to go after installation, unlike unfinished hardwood that needs to be sanded and finished in the home.
- The main appeal for pre-finished hardwood is its quick installation process. Skipping the finishing process means you will save in both time and labor costs. If you’re looking for a quick turnaround on your new wood floors with minimal disruption to your day-to-day life, prefinished is the way to go.
- Manufacturers like Shaw Floors Inc. have made incredible advances in prefinished technology. The ability to integrate hardwearing elements like aluminum oxide, whose fumes you would not want in your home, add durability to your floors. Prefinished hardwood often comes with warranties over 25 years.
- Prefinished flooring is available in solid wood and engineered versions. Engineered flooring consists of a thin top layer with a layer of plywood underneath whereas solid is, as the name would imply, one solid piece of hardwood.
- Uniform is the key characteristic when describing the appearance of pre-finished hardwood. If you prefer a hardwood floor that has more character, site-finished is a better match.
- If you’re looking to match an existing hardwood floor, prefinished flooring may not be the best choice. Site-finished hardwood will allow you to customize the finish to find the perfect color match.
You May Also Be Interested In: