Basement flooring is a key aspect of your Waukesha home — it can affect your home’s structural integrity while also providing an opportunity to beautify a commonly under-appreciated space. Today, Floor Coverings International Waukesha wants to tell you just how you can increase your home’s structural integrity while beautifying it at the same time by installing luxury vinyl flooring in your basement.
What is Luxury Vinyl Flooring (LVF)?
Vinyl floors are made up of a series of layers starting from a sturdy backing at the bottom to the top coat. Between these lies a sheet of vinyl which is responsible for giving the floor its actual look. “Luxury vinyl” is an industry term which refers to vinyl floors that are thicker, more comfortable, and which look better than traditional vinyl. When it comes to cost, LVF will run you a few more dollars than traditional vinyl, but its increased quality easily makes up for the added price.
Why Luxury Vinyl Flooring is Perfect for Basements
Here are four traits that make luxury vinyl flooring a great choice for basement floors:
- Waterproof: Vinyl floors have a reputation for being immune to water damage, and the reputation is entirely true. This protection comes from vinyl’s topcoat, which is made of a translucent substance which protects the floor from scratches and water seepage. The topcoat also makes luxury vinyl floors one of the most water-resistant flooring options on the market and a perfect option for your Waukesha home’s basement, which may be prone to leaks or worse.
- Durable & Low-Maintenance: Vinyl floors are more resistant to scratches, damage from drops, and wear and tear compared to other types of flooring. In terms of its lifespan, LVF can last as long as 25-30 years! Some products even offer a warranty with a matching length. Its high resistance to damage and its long lifespan make luxury vinyl highly durable overall. But furthermore, LVF is also very low-maintenance. It easily wipes clean with a broom or mop and has no necessary recurring maintenance routines.
- Comfortable: Thanks to its reinforced backing, vinyl is very comfortable underfoot. While its upper layers protect it and give it visual appeal, its unseen bottom layer singularly functions to provide structural support and increased comfort to the floor. With this specially designed backing, LVF is actually one of the most comfortable floors out there.
- Visually Appealing: Vinyl is an imitation of natural flooring, which might lead you to think it looks unrealistic. But on the contrary, luxury vinyl provides a highly realistic imitation of other materials. Without standing on it, you might not even notice the difference between LVF and true stone or hardwood.
See Your Options In-Person
If you’re inspired to check out your options, you can schedule a free on-site consultation with our mobile showroom, where we’ll bring our flooring options to your doorstep at no cost! We love to serve our Waukesha, Brookfield, Milwaukee and surrounding area customers.
You May Also Enjoy:
- 3 Creative Ways to Use Luxury Vinyl Flooring in Waukesha
- A Look at Luxury Vinyl Planks
- Why Luxury Vinyl Tile Might Be Right for You