Hardwood flooring is a look that will never go out of style. Homeowners considering adding hardwood flooring to their homes, though, have one big question to answer before they start their project—are they interested in light colored or dark colored flooring? Both hardwood flooring options have a host of advantages to offer; read on to get expert advice from the Floor Coverings International Brookfield team on which flooring type is right for you!
Consider light hardwood floors if…
- You’re a pet owner or are concerned about scratches. Light hardwood floors actually show less damage than their dark wood counterparts, which makes them a great choice for homeowners who lead high impact lives.
- You have a small space. Light hardwood flooring tends to make small spaces look larger, so it’s a perfect fit for those rooms you wish had a little extra square footage.
- You prefer traditional design. Light hardwood floors are considered more traditional than dark hardwood floors, though tastes and trends do change.
Dark hardwood floors might fit your home if…
- You have an open floor plan. Dark hardwood floors do make spaces look a little smaller, but that trait is a benefit in open floor plans. Adding dark hardwood floors to your open floor plan makes the home look cohesive.
- You have lighter wood cabinets. If you’re pairing hardwood flooring with wooden kitchen cabinets, it’s best to strive for a contrast between your color selections. Dark hardwood floors fit well for owners who already have light colored wood cabinets.
- You prefer modern design. Dark hardwood floors create a chic look that most find to be more modern than light hardwood floors. If you prefer a modern design aesthetic, dark hardwood flooring might be right for you.
Still not sure whether light or dark hardwood flooring is best for your home? No problem! Call Floor Coverings International Brookfield today and schedule a free Design Consultation. We’ll bring our mobile showroom to you so you can evaluate each of our hardwood flooring samples in your own home and provide you with a complimentary estimate. Call to schedule your Design Consultation today!