Homeowners love using carpet flooring at home because of the comfort, warmth, and aesthetic it provides. When properly cared for, carpet flooring will last for years. While you’ll want to refresh areas of your carpet every couple of years, some installers recommend fully replacing carpet after a decade. Is the carpet throughout your home starting to look dull? Do you notice visible damage in some areas? Now is a great time to install new carpet floors.
Signs Your Carpet Floors Need Replacing
It can be difficult to decide whether or not it’s time to replace the floors in your home. If you find a few of these issues, it’s time to give the professionals at Floor Coverings International Waukesha a call.
- Water Damage
Leaks, floods, and spilling incidents can leave long-lasting damage to the carpet in your home if the cleanup is not handled professionally. Water damage can lead to permanent staining and even cause mold growth which poses a health risk. If you notice any of these signs, schedule a carpet replacement as soon as possible.
- Unpleasant Permanent Odors
Carpet fibers absorb everything from spilled liquids, pet dander, dust, and debris causing unpleasant smells to permanently linger. Bad smells could be trapped in the padding beneath the carpet.
- Heavy Wear and Tear
Despite how much you may love your carpet, the quality of all floors diminishes over time. Be on the lookout for heavily matted areas, rips, tears, and other damage on your carpet due to overuse and old age.
- Allergy Symptoms: Do you or your family find yourselves sneezing more often, experiencing itchy eyes, or other allergic reactions? An old carpet may be to blame. Again, mold, pet dander, pollen, and other irritants can get trapped between the carpet fibers over time. Replacing your carpet will eliminate the discomfort.
Find the Perfect Carpet Flooring Replacement for Every Room in Your Home
We offer a variety of carpet styles and colors to meet your needs and design aesthetic. We work closely with top-notch carpet manufacturers to provide excellent quality. Some styles we offer include:
- Berber Carpet offers resiliency against spills
- Nylon Carpet is a classic option known for its strength and durability
- Loop Pile Carpet offers comfort, warmth, and longevity
- Shag Carpet offers a plush and luxurious feel
And more! You can count on Floor Coverings International to help you find the best carpet option for every room in your home.
Install New Carpet in Your Waukesha Home Today!
See for yourself why homeowners in Waukesha love working with our team! Our team is ready to help you with all of your flooring needs. Reach out today to schedule a FREE consultation. We proudly serve homeowners in the Waukesha, Brookfield, Milwaukee areas.
You May Also Enjoy:
Photo Credit: ©Breadmaker