At Floor Coverings International Waukesha, we work with homeowners in the greater Waukesha, Brookfield, Milwaukee area to find their dream hardwood floors. You have hundreds of options when you choose hardwood, but the most popular hardwood by far is oak. This hardwood is not only sturdy and affordable, but it boasts a classic, gorgeous look that will add timeless warmth to your home. Here is some more information about oak.
What’s in a Name?
North America is home to almost 500 unique species of oak tree. Despite this tremendous diversity, flooring is found in one of two species of oak: red and white. Although they share a name, these hardwoods could not be any more different. White oak is simple and subtle, with light grain lines and subtle swirls. It is darker, ranging in color from beige to medium brown. Red oak, on the other hand, has wild swirls and a distinct, wavy grain. It can be found in amber to light brown with red undertones.
Regardless of the oak species that you choose—red or white—oak is a great option for Waukesha families. Here are some of the reasons for this hardwood’s tremendous popularity:
- Durability: with Janka hardness scores of 1,360 (white) and 1,290 (red), oak floors are strong and built to last for generations. White oak has additional water resistance because of its closed-pore cell structure.
- Sustainability: locally grown and harvested, oak is a great option for environmental conscious Wisconsinites.
- Affordability: despite its strength, oak is a relatively affordable hardwood.
Find Your Dream Floors
In the market for new hardwood? Your local flooring experts at Floor Coverings International Waukesha are here to help. We work with Waukesha families every day to find their dream floors. Call now for a free, in-home consultation with one of our highly trained design associates.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Birch Hardwood Flooring in Brookfield
- Distressed Hardwood Flooring in Brookfield
- Maple Hardwood Flooring in Waukesha, WI
- Parquet Flooring in Brookfield, Waukesha, and Milwaukee
- Red Oak Flooring in Brookfield, Waukesha, and Milwaukee
- White Oak Flooring for Brookfield, Waukesha, and Milwaukee
Photo © PhotoSerg